Saturday 15 March 2014

Never believe everything it says on the bottle

Well its been a while people sorry it has been well and truly hectic. I've recently moved into a flat with my boyfriend (oh well that's another story we're engaged now too so Fiancé lol) so I haven't had much time to write so lets get my act sorted.

Since moving into my own place truly begin to realise its not always acceptable to splurge on make up. Ive been using No7 airbrush away primmer for sometime now



 mainly living off the free 5ml samples you get with free gifts when ive bought various other products but along with my No7 foundation they completely compliment each other.


The primmer is rather thick but once applied can feel slightly cakey on my skin but works miracles ive even seen me have days where it covers my skin so perfectly that I can wear this alone without my foundation (if in a rush of course).
Under my foundation is gives perfect coverage allowing my foundation to last all day, of course the occasional touch up if I wanted a more visible appliance for those nights out; or in my case trying to look my best for meeting the future in laws- must say they have welcomed me with open arms so that's a bonus lol.
Any way back to my point I truly did love my No7 primmer but recently after using the last smidgen out my bottle I realised I had to buy more unfortunately when I got to boots I realised that it was now sitting at £19.50 a bottle these mind you are quiet small so don't last the longest either. I don't grudge spending on the odd necessity but now I have some serious saving to do I decided that this was more a splurge and I should try alternatives. I mean after all the primmer was now officially more expensive than my foundation...

After much humming and ahhing I settled on Rimmel London Fix and Perfect.









Well I'll have to admit im a little disappointed in this product; Smoothes, brightens, mattifies is what it states on the bottle now of which I feel are qualities displayed during use.
On those bad skin days ive often found my No7 primmer helped hide some of those hideous blemishes this promising smooth skin however does not meaning Ive had to apply even thick layer of foundation.
Mattifies pff don't think so the primmer isn't very thick and is more of a moisturiser consistency, it adds no matte texture at all and I most defiantly don't feel comfortable wearing this without my foundation.
It looks like it was a waste of an adventure away from my comfort zone and should have stuck with No7 but if anyone has any suggestions as to what to try next im all ears.

Thanks Kirsty

No comments:

Post a Comment